Monday, December 15, 2014

Restaurant Love: Texas Roadhouse Grill

I always look forward to Friday nights as it always mean dinner out with my favorite girls—my mom and sister. However, because of the insane traffic (and scarcity of parking space in Kapitolyo), we often find ourselves stuck at Shangri-La. I really have nothing against the mall as it’s one of my favorite malls but I have visited all the restaurants there. I may be always hungry but my tummy is quite choosy. It wants something new every time. And sadly, there are no new restaurants at Shangri-La. So, we’re left to do a few repeats but I always make sure that I try something new.
I remember that the last time I visited Texas Roadhouse Grill was during the time there was a liquor ban. I wanted to drink margarita then but my order was turned down due to the prohibition forcing me to opt for a shake. This time though, I ordered a Long Island Iced Tea (PHP120). Our other orders were Crispy Chicken Tenders (PHP310), Chicken and Beef Skewers (PHP495), and Smoked Salmon Salad (PHP250, solo | PHP395 cowboy style).
The chicken tenders were indeed crispy. I also loved that they were able to maintain the juiciness of the chicken breasts while the batter was golden brown.
The chicken and beef skewers were also delightful though for its price, it seems that the serving of meat was a bit short. But I loved that the beef was tender and oh-so-savory! <3
My smoked salmon salad, a mix of shredded smoked Norwegian salmon, candied walnuts, pico de gallo and green onions, was delicious as well. Despite it being a salad, it was very filling. The serving was very generous and each bite was overflowing with salmon bits. The candied walnuts also created a nice contrast of sweetness with the saltiness of the smoked salmon.
My Long Island Iced Tea was surprisingly strong. I liked the bit of tanginess from its sweet and sour mix though.

I was quite disappointed that they removed their yummy crème brûlée from the menu but I will definitely visit this place again.


Wild West Roadhouse Grill (Texas Roadhouse Grill) is located at 6th floor, East Wing, Shangri-La Plaza Mall, Mandaluyong City.

Wild West Roadhouse Grill Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)