Friday, October 25, 2013

Let's Go to Legoland

I have always wanted to visit Legoland but I never get to find the time to visit it. I remember my sister and I drooling over the commercial. Who cares if the rides are kiddie?! We'll be surrounded by colorful blocks!
It took a bit of effort before I managed to convince N to go to Legoland. But finally, we found ourselves on our way to Carlsbad, California for some bonding time with the lovable toys. 
We arrived a bit past 1 p.m. and K and T welcomed us with their matching blue tops. N too was wearing blue. I was a bit blue (excuse the pun) as I was wearing white then. Boo! I didn't get the memo!
Hello colorful piece of land! 
We were amazed by the blocks and blocks and blocks of wonderful Lego creations. At first, we were debating on whether the whole statues were 100% Lego. Of course the staff would say yes but we have our doubts.
We started the day with a hearty lunch. We spotted a place that serves Chicken Stir-Fry, Grilled Steak Sandwich, and Spicy Shrimp Linguini. T and I tried the sandwich while N ordered chicken and K got the linguini. N got the best dish.
Our first ride was a mini version of Enchanted Kingdom's Anchors Away. It was fun but it made us slightly dizzy. Just like the guy here. (Note: I failed to take pictures of the rides so I'll proceed to the things that mesmerized me.)
The highlight of our trip was the Miniland USA. We were amazed by how Lego was able to capture the different popular cities and landmarks using blocks. See for yourself!
It was getting chilly after we finished taking pictures at Miniland USA so we decided to go to the Star Wars exhibit and head back to San Diego for dinner.
This one used over 5.3M Lego bricks!!!
Overall, it was an exciting day and surprisingly, the boys, who were hesitant at first, seemed to have more fun than we did.

Legoland is located at One Legoland Drive, Carlsbad, CA 9200.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love legos, the 5 year old kid inside me couldn't be happier. Thank you for sharing such details of your trip with us. Planning to visit there soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments or other recommendations? :)