Thursday, March 8, 2012

Friday Love: T.G.I. Friday's

It has been almost two years in the making but finally—I’m getting married! Not. My friends and I have been planning to have an overnight get together for years now as the last time we did that was when we graduated a few years back. We decided to stay at Eastwood Richmonde Hotel but had no plans to dine there for dinner as we were still on a non-executive salary. *gloom*

It was almost 9 p.m. and most of us came from work or elsewhere without food in our tummies except for K. Just like a group of tweens, we waited for everyone before deciding where to have dinner.

After putting our bags inside our “unlocked” room (scary!), we decided to have dinner at T.G.I. Friday’s. The place was quite packed so the server who served us suggested that we go al fresco dining but we hesitated as 1) none of my friends smoke; 2) it was hot that day. We then requested for the corner table available at the second floor.

Starved, we quickly ordered something. I ordered the Cajun Shrimp and Chicken Pasta (PHP415 regular; PHP625 for sharing) and Strawberry Lemonade Slush (PHP165). B ordered Chicken Club Sandwich (PHP395), while N settled for Jack Daniel’s Burger (PHP465). K, M, and L were still full so they just ordered Oreo Madness (PHP205 for one piece and PHP345 for two pieces). I still remember how hyper our server, Rentin, was. It was his second day if I remember it correctly and he even apologized about sweating too much as he was just eager to serve us. (Funny fellow.)
They quickly served my drink and it was delightful! Sweet yet still refreshing!
I wasn’t able to notice if the service was fast or not since I was too busy looking for ways to get hold of N’s missing phone that night. But I think it was fast enough as I was not yet grumpy when my food was served.
 
The serving of the Cajun Shrimp and Chicken Pasta seemed to be small given the price. Taste-wise, it wasn’t very special too. True, I enjoyed the slightly spicy creamy Alfredo sauce and the bits of chicken and shrimp but it wasn’t enough to make me crave for more of it.
 
I actually enjoyed B’s sandwich more. It was pretty tasty and rather filling. I love how the different fillings—ham, chargrilled chicken, cheese, and bacon created different textures that went well with each other. One thing I didn’t like about it was that it was a bit messy to eat (since it was really thick!).
 
I wasn’t able to taste N’s burger but based on how fast he finished his meal, I bet that it was good. Burger, bacon, and cheese what could go wrong?

Now for the dessert I have been eying since it reached our table… OREO MADNESS. *droooool*
 
It was giant Oreo cookies with vanilla ice cream in between drizzled with chocolate and caramel syrup! Yum yum yum!!! I hesitated to eat one whole cookie as it was for sharing but I’d definitely order one order (of two pieces) just for me next time.

It was one fun (and a bit stressful) night. We had laughs and hyper Rentin was the highlight of the dinner. It took them quite a while though to bring out my free dessert (as it was my birth… month. But before you react, it was really just a week off so…). Oh, and their happy birthday song was different too. I don’t remember though what the song was. >.<

Thanks, friends for making this night a memorable one!

T.G.I. Friday’s is located at Eastwood City Cyberpark, E. Rodriguez, Jr. Ave.  Libis Quezon City.

2 comments:

  1. ML! your entry is so funny! interesting guy that Rentin haha i'd love to meet him when i visit TGI Fridays again haha

    as for N, why didn't he let u taste a bite of his burger? was it the BOMB? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's really funny! We were surprised with how energized he was that night.

    I'm sensing, it's either he was hungry or it really was the bomb. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments or other recommendations? :)