Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Drunk with Pandesal: The Bread Bag Pandesal Bar

Pandesal. What could be so special about it anyway? It is just… pandesal. Bread. Pandesal. Round messy-to-eat bread. I hope that you won’t think that I dislike it as I prefer it as my Sunday morning breakfast. It’s just that I was wondering what made it, well, special. One gloomy Thursday afternoon, a small quaint café showed me how special pandesal could be.
 
After “window” shopping for a big project, my colleagues and I stopped by The Bread Bag Pandesal Bar. Who knew that there’s a “bar” for pandesal?
 
We entered the place and practically loved everything we saw—from the scribbles on the glass outside to the chalkboard menu, up to the tape used to seal the cups.
I decided to go for two pandesal sandwiches, Roast Beef (PHP122) and Kesong Puti with Pesto (PHP99). Since it was a gloomy day, I also ordered a cup of Hot Choco (PHP77).
The Hot Choco was freshly made when it arrived 10 minutes after we ordered. It was really hot—perfect for the weather. It wasn’t the very sweet type as well as it was made from tablea. It was a bit dark actually and it wasn’t very smooth but it was still very much delightful.
I decided to bring home the two sandwiches home as I had two lunch meals prior to this trip and have it for dinner instead.
The Kesong Puti with Pesto was in every way, delicious. The lettuce and tomatoes added crunch to the sandwich and the saltiness of the kesong puti and the subtle herby taste of the pesto worked well together. They also pack extra pesto for those pesto lovers out there but I didn’t use mine at all since the serving was already pretty generous.
Without the gravy... yet.
As for the Roast Beef, the meat used was very tender. I loved drowning my sandwich with the extra gravy they gave me. The gravy was not very salty thus not giving me any reason to stop pouring all the gravy onto my sandwich. It was a very filling sandwich and for PHP122, it was totally worth it.
I was surprised when I saw taro chips at the bottom of my sandwich bag. Ooh... when will the deliciousness end???
The Bread Bag is located at Ortigas Home Depot Unit 20A-21A Julia Vargas Ave. cor. Meralco Ave. Ortigas Center, Pasig City.

2 comments:

Comments or other recommendations? :)