Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Love at First Bite: Sunnies Cafe

A bright ray of sunshine dazzled everyone walking along High Street. With its pastel colored walls and light hued furniture, it's an instant magnet for youngsters and Instagram lovers. It's no surprise that it was packed with people on its first day of operation yesterday. And despite feeling ill, I headed to the lovely new restaurant slash café today for lunch. 
Hello, Sunnies Cafe.
I was greeted by a plain pink door with a signage that says that it is now open. I noticed that the celebrity owners are inside and looking posh as always. But they were there not to chitchat with the customers; rather to prepare for a TV shoot to feature their newest business venture. 
I felt that this is a mistake on their part as it made the whole dining experience not as good. It was quite chaotic when I was there. And I could not get a decent photo of the whole dining area. And it took me around 5 minutes before I waved the white flag. You won this time, TV crew. 
For lunch, I opted to go with Spaghetti Al Fungi (PHP260). The server recommended Sunnies Cafe’s Pumpkin Purée soup (PHP150) which I decided to order as well. I also got a free Sunnies Funtetti (PHP290) as part of Sunnies Cafe’s opening promo*. 
I was served with a glass of water as soon as I finished placing my order. I also requested to be moved to another table and I was assisted right away. Superb wait servcie right there. 
However, since the place was quite full and because of the ongoing shoot, my food was served a bit over 20 minutes. Also, my pasta was served a minute after my soup arrived. (On the bright side, I got to take a photo of the two dishes together.)
The soup was divine! It was thick and creamy. It was like feasting on Cinderella’s godmother’s pumpkin! It had the delectable faint sweet taste
The grilled shrimps and squid bits added texture to the bowl of creamy heaven and made it even more enjoyable! It was a bit heavy though as an appetizer so it is best to share this with someone. 
My oil-based pasta tickled my tastebuds (and tummy). The spaghetti may look few but it was thick and al dente. 
The 65-degree egg gave the dish a mouthwatering smooth texture while the garlic bits added flavor. I made sure that each forkful had a mushroom or two for texture. 
Though stuffed with the two dishes, I made sure that I save a bit of room for dessert. 
The tres leches cake chunks were moist, creamy and heavenly! I enjoyed each bite topped with torched marshmallows. The vanilla bourbon ice cream was also great and it complemented the cake well without feeling like you’re about to develop diabetes. 
Actually, despite the killer cake, ice cream and birthday sprinkles combination, this dessert did not go overboard in the sweetness scale. 
In fact, I think this is a dessert foodies of all ages would enjoy. I’d definitely order this one again!

Since it is still their first week, Sunnies Cafe will be open from 11 am to 3 pm and from 6 pm to 11 pm until August 4, 2016.  The free dessert is also valid until August 8, 2016.

Sunnies Cafe is located at Lane P, Bonifacio High Street, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City. It is right beside Pound by Todd English.

Sunnie's Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)