Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Love at First Bite: Tsumura Sushi Bar & Restaurant

Mr. Tsumura has a huge fan. This fan can’t stop raving about Tsumura Sushi Bar & Restaurant that after antigravity yoga, he invited me to have late lunch there. (And a couple of months later, we went again, this time with his dad.)
Hello, [Mr.] Tsumura!
The place wasn’t packed when we went. I guess there are more people during dinner. R knew which ones to order and chose Aburi Sake (PHP80/piece) and Toro Teriyaki (PHP550). Since it was pretty warm that day, I opted to get Cha Soba (PHP330).
The aburi salmon was uhhh-mazing. R told me to eat it right away since aburi salmon is best eaten warm and he’s absolutely right. I was surprised though with the generous serving of wasabi between the salmon and rice. A few tears were dropped as my drink was not yet there when I devoured my share.
R was also hungry that time so he wasn’t so open to sharing his toro teriyaki. But I still managed to get a bite and it was pretty good too! It was fresh and cooked well as the tuna was soft and juicy. The teriyaki sauce was also delightful, adding sweet flavor to the dish.
My cold soba was also a treat on a hot afternoon. The noodles were firm and had a nice bite to it. The dipping sauce was slightly sweet and with a bit of ginger and wasabi, it created a lovely taste that complements the rather bland cold soba. And just like other soba, it was a bit challenging to get every single noodle as it was slippery.

As mentioned earlier in this post, I went to this restaurant twice. But I’d like to delay posting the other dishes I enjoyed since I’m already salivating just remembering the ones I had in my first visit! Till next time!

Tsumura Sushi Bar & Restaurant is located at 141 Sedeno Street, Salcedo Village, Makati City.

Tsumura Sushi Bar &  Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)