Thursday, October 29, 2015

Hong Kong Food Stop: Sushi One

It’s been a while since I last visited Hong Kong. I remember that I had a hard time there as I was not an adventurous foodie then. I was stuck with Yoshinoya and McDonald’s. But things change. I am now game to eat anything as long as it will most likely not make me sick and Hong Kong evolved into a foodie paradise.

R and I were not exactly famished yet when we arrived in Hong Kong but since we wanted to maximize our trip, we walked around Nathan Road (Tsim Sha Tsui) and entered small alleys near it. That was when we saw this Japanese restaurant with a sushi conveyor belt. And as a sucker for these sushi conveyor belt or sushi-go-round, we went in.

Konnichiwa, Sushi One!
I was thrilled to dine at Sushi One. And I waited for some sushi to be placed on the belt for me to take some photos and videos. Sadly, the place wasn’t packed so there were not as many sushi on the belt. (The foodie in me holding a camera cried a puddle.)
To order, we had to accomplish several checklists depending on what we fancy. We went with Seared Salmon (HK$17), Seared Fatty Salmon with Sauce (HK$19), Shrimp Tempura (HK$29), Grilled New Zealand Mussels with Mayo and Cheese (HK$36), and Dancing Spider Roll (HK$36).
First served were the two kinds of salmon sushi.

The seared salmon was your usual salmon sushi. What was notable here was the fresh salmon cut. It was the type that melts in your mouth. Delightful!
I preferred the seared salmon with sauce though as it had more flavor to it. It was slightly sweet. This was sooo good that there were fireworks in my mouth to celebrate such taste.
The shrimp tempura was nothing special but it helped fill the tummy. I would have preferred to order more salmon instead of this one though.
R loved the grilled mussels. It went really well with mayo and cheese. The mussels, just like salmon, were undeniably fresh. And for the price, it wasn’t bad at all. 
The silky smooth texture of the mussels with its faint sweet taste with the slight tanginess of the cheese and richness of the mayo was a killer combo.
We ordered the Dancing Spider Roll or soft shell crab roll as I wanted to eat some soft-shell crabs. It was pretty good too though it could be a bit messy to eat if you attempt to eat it as a whole. I went wasabi crazy with this one to add flavor to the bland batter coating the soft-shell crab.

I thought of ordering dessert here but I wanted to try McDonald’s Tiramisu Frappuccino drink. Yes, they have that along with Salted Caramel Frappe and macarons! How fancy is that?!
Overall, it was a great lunch and it sure set the bar high for our other food stops!
Thank you, R, for this awesome trip! <3

P.S. Sushi One has discounts and promos such as 50% off on sushi. Make sure you visit their website first before visiting to score a good deal! :)

Sushi One is located at Ground Floor, 48 Cameron Road, Tsim Sha Tsui. It is open from 12:00 noon to 00:30 am. For inquiries and reservations, contact them at 3575 9898.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)