Thursday, March 26, 2015

Love at First Bite: Seryna

Most of my friends tell me that one of the best sashimi places is Seryna. Some of my friends even invited me to visit the place but every time we plan it out, it gets cancelled. But J wanted to really eat there one time and I figured that it’s about time to make it happen.

Hello, Seryna!
Tucked inside Little Tokyo hides a Japanese gem or so what foodies say. I actually had a bit of difficulty finding the place. But once you know Makati Cinema Square, you’ll find it.
I was surprised that the place was packed when we visited. I thought that since the place is not exactly convenient to visit and with so many other restaurants to choose from, people will not visit this establishment. Well, I was wrong.
It took me a while to decide on what to order because Seryna has a wide range of dishes from appetizer to sukiyaki, from ramen to bento meals. After 15 minutes or so, I went with Salmon Sashimi (PHP240), Tako Wasabi (PHP160), and Gyu Don (PHP320). J went with one of the bento meals for PHP380 and I was surprised that it was such a steal. (Think Yabu/Saboten meal.)
First served was my salmon sashimi (with J’s uni in the background).

I loved it a lot. It was soft and the melts in your mouth type. It was love at first bite. And I felt really sad when I ate the last one. Why do all good things come to an end? Why? WHY?!?
Next served was the tako wasabi, the octopus fermented in wasabi (or so what the server said). At first, I was iffy to order it but something tells me that it would be an interesting dish and it was! It was indeed spicy but tolerable. Okay, it was addicting (Cheetos Jalapeño addicting level).
The gyu don was nothing special. It tasted pretty much like Yoshinoya. I have nothing against it though as I love Yoshinoya. I just find it pricey. :|

Overall, it was a great lunch. The salmon sashimi was fresh. The tako wasabi was addicting. And the gyu don was filling. I will definitely visit this place again!

Seryna is located at 2277 Chino Roces Avenue, Makati City.

Seryna Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)