Saturday, September 28, 2013

Restaurant Discovery: Yellow House Café

I just love visiting Koreatown in Los Angeles. There are a lot of cute restaurants and cafés (and some of which are in Manila too) open till the wee hours just like how things are in Seoul. The place I visited this time seems to be a popular one as it was still packed at 8 p.m..
Meeting up with K and T guarantees that we eat somewhere cute or fancy. (So, horray for me! I'll have something nice to blog about!) This time, they decided that we have dinner at Yellow House Café .
We met up a little bit past 8 p.m. and we had to wait for a table to clear up. Apparently, the bigger the party, the more difficult it is for you to get a table.
While waiting, we all decided that we order something to pass time since we were all too hungry to wait. K and I ordered Cheese Tteokbokki ($10.95). 

As soon as G and the rest arrived and we managed to get a table, we started ordering. I ordered Bulgogi Bibimbap ($10.95) and a Strawberry Lemonade ($5.95) while N ordered Cheese Pork Cutlet ($10.95) and Mango Shake with boba ($6.95). (The prices of the drinks were half off when we visited!)

Service was quite fast as before ordering, we were already munching on our Cheese Tteokbokki. We asked to make the sauce mild as most of us are not fond of spicy dishes. And true enough, the spice level was tolerable. 
I enjoyed it a lot. It was served hot and it sure warmed up the shivering bones. The melted cheese was all stretchy and chewy just like how I love it. The rice cakes were cooked well too and wasn't hard or gummy. 
\
The Bulgogi Bibimbap was served on a hot bowl and I should have mixed it faster as some of the rice got burnt. I went overboard on the pepper paste too as it became too spicy. Nonetheless, the beef was tender. I just hope that it was slightly sweeter as I prefer my bulgogi that way. 
The Cheese Pork Cutlet was your typical pork cutlet with cheese. It had a crispy coating and the cheese added a bit of texture. It wasn't something spectacular but at least this one is something kids would eat and enjoy.
My drink sure was tangy. I'm not sure if they used real lemons and strawberries but it was sour and I LOVE IT. N didn't share his drink. Well since he loves mangoes, I am assuming he enjoyed his drink too.
 
I'd definitely go back and order more of that Cheese Tteokbokki. And perhaps try that shaved ice too. 

Yellow House Café is located at 234 S Oxford Ave., Los Angeles, California, 90004


Yellow House Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)