Thursday, August 9, 2012

Peanut Butter Overload: PB Co.

Walking with tummies still filled with pizzaand pasta (with the sweet calamansi juice trying to work its magic) from our first Katipunan food stop, N, J and I or now known as T3 headed to the new blue building and entered our next food stop… Peanut Butter Company.

It was actually my first time to visit the place so I was pretty much mesmerized that the dishes it offers really do have peanut butter. Curious with the PB Burger Sandwich (PHP185), we decided to order one for sharing. We spotted Dark Chocolate PB Banana Milkshake (PHP185) and ordered that too, also for sharing. Ain’t we sweet? :D (Or we're probably just stingy!)
 
The burger was pretty big but a hungry person won’t have difficulty finishing it but since we were trying to save more space for other yummy Katipunan finds, we thought that it’d be best to just share.

N got the smallest cut since she tried it already while J and I got almost the same size. *bite*
It was pretty good. It wasn’t yucky as I initially thought and to my surprise, it went well with the burger patty (which by the way was juicy). What sorcery is this? For one, they didn’t use the super creamy and sweet peanut butter that will make you create the sound *tsap tsap* (fine, I can’t really spell it!). They used a sesame peanut butter in this one and I’m not really sure how different it is with a typical peanut butter but this sure made this a must-try burger. It’s different, yummy and seems very filling. Stuffed as well with tomatoes, lettuce, and peanut cucumber mayo; watch out for some spills as the peanut butter tends to drip!
 
Our milkshake was good too. It wasn’t very sweet but I still find it a bit too big. Definitely good for sharing! Thinking about it, sharing calories is a brilliant idea! I was just a tad disappointed that I wasn’t able to taste the dark chocolate that much as it was overpowered by the taste of the peanut butter and banana.
 
But I’ll definitely be back and try the pasta this time. Who wants to share? :)

Peanut Butter Company is located at the 2nd floor of the Regis Center, 327 Katipunan Ave., Loyola Heights, Quezon City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)