Thursday, April 27, 2017

Love at First Bite: Kumori's Apple Cheese Tarts

Kumori and I didn’t have a smooth relationship. I still recall my first visit which was love at first bite. Those Hanjuku cheese cakes were delectable and definitely worth lining up for. My second visit was great too with the delectable (but messy) krones. But my third visit where I had the raved cheese tarts was not as great as my first and second Kumori visits. Its improved version and its scrumptious matcha variant won me over though and I was crazy about Kumori again. And just when I thought I’m already a fan of Kumori, something just made me even more head over heels in love with it.
 
Hello, Kumori.

I got a sweet message from Kumori asking if they could send me some of their newest (and limited edition) apple cheese tarts in celebration of the opening of its Robinsons Place Manila branch. Of course I said yes and I counted the days till I got my delectable package.
And one Thursday morning, I got a call from the lobby saying that I have a package. I didn’t even bother to ask what it was. I just asked for it to be sent up; and I was right. It was the Kumori package!
I brought out my props and took out some of the cheese tarts. I quickly took a few snapshots and eventually was not able to resist and ended taking a bite.
Having a taste of the mouthwatering apple cheese tart was plain torture. I wanted more than a bite but I had to take more photos.
After a few more takes here and there, I was finally able to indulge in a few more apple cheese tarts and it was pure bliss.
I fell in love with the delightful combination of cinnamon and crunchy apple bits enveloped in the superb tart. I loved the crumbly texture of the tart and complemented the filling. It also went beautifully well with tea.
Though most prefer their apple tarts fresh from the oven, I didn’t mind eating mine chilled. In fact, I liked it better cold than hot.
I wish they could keep this product a lot longer or as part of Kumori’s regular line up. Well, maybe several pleases and a petition will convince them? Who knows? :)

Kumori apple cheese tarts are available at the Ground Floor of Robinsons Place Manila, Ermita, Manila. 

Kumori Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)