Monday, March 20, 2017

Second Bite: Raging Bull Chophouse & Bar

It’s always fun having R’s sisters around as it means endless feasts! For last November’s visit, D was particularly excited with Raging Bull, Shangri-La at the Fort’s well-loved steak place, especially after finding out that this restaurant offers superb cocktails aside from its famous grilled meats. Soon, I found myself on my way to the posh hotel for one heavy lunch.
Hello again, Raging Bull Chophouse & Bar
The frustrated interior designer in me was tickled once more by Raging Bull’s sophisticated interiors. The combination of dark browns, blacks and whites never gets old. 

R’s family did the ordering and they chose Raging Bull Salad (PHP375), Maryland Crab Cakes (PHP475), Tomahawk Wagyu (PHP7,950) and Ribeye (PHP3,100). The kids asked for something to snack on while they wait for the meats and H ordered Josper Bone Marrow (PHP685) for them.
First served was the complementary Raging Bull bread and butter which we finished in just a few minutes as we were famished. 
I noticed that Raging Bull added mandarin oranges to its usual Mesclun mix, Gorgonzola, hazelnuts and Granny Smith apple slices topped with cider vinaigrette. I’m not complaining though as I love those small citrus goodness which went well with the delectable Gorgonzola cubes, nuts and greens. 
The Maryland Crab Cakes were good as always. I loved the contrast between the crunchy coating and the soft shredded crab meat filling. 
Josper Bone Marrow was served next which the kids fought over! It was just so funny how they argued on which bone marrow was bigger and who deserved it. They only kept quiet when they each got their portions. I wasn’t able to try this one as they literally licked the bone marrow! It must be that good.

A beautiful platter of ribeye was soon served and we feasted on it. 
Just like before, I paired my meat with various salts in order to fully appreciate the taste of the steak. Cooked medium in order not to dry up its juice, each bite was packed with flavors that made me sigh and my tastebuds sing hallelujah. 
The perfectly grilled meat was wonderfully complemented by grilled pumpkin slices, cream of spinach, buttered corn and mashed potatoes. I didn’t attempt to get rice as I’ve had too much carbs from the start of the meal. 
The Tomahawk Wagyu was served after and it was gigantic! The MS 5+ grain-fed meat had that divine beefy taste which you could get by simply getting a whiff of it. 
As my eyes sparkle at the sight of the huge piece of meat with a bone sticking out, R sliced me a portion and I began to indulge in the premium steak
It was succulent and barely required effort to chew. It was an instant crowd favorite though for some reason, I prefer ribeye more. 

As we continue to bring out a more sophisticated version of cavemen, I took a sip of my cocktailMonkey Business (PHP400). 
The blend of Monkey Shoulder pure malt, homemade rosemary syrup, Griottes cherry juice and Whiskey barrel bitters was a bit too strong for a noontime drink. I got a bit woozy after reaching half of my glass. I guess I’m just not used to drinking anymore. 
But if you happen to fancy this drink, do watch the barista prepare it as it is very entertaining.
To cap our meal, we ordered Granny Smith Apple Cobbler (PHP340) which was absolutely perfect! I loved the crunchiness of the apple slices and how well it went with the puff. It was sweet yet not so sweet, making it great too for elders. 
And since it was R’s birthday weekend, we were given a complimentary cheesecake which was pretty good as well. It had great consistency and the berries were love. 

Overall, it was a pleasant lunch. I can’t wait to go back for more steaks! 

Raging Bull Chophouse & Bar is located at 3rd Floor, West Wing, Shangri-La at the Fort, 30th Street corner 5th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)