Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Noodle Heaven: Nadai Fujisoba

One clear sign that you love Japanese food is when you crave for ramen on a hot day. I get that a lot and I just can’t help it. I need my noodle fix before I go crazy and one of my go to places is Nadai Fujisoba. 

Hello, Nadai Fujisoba.
I still remember the delectable bowl of udon I had from its High Street branch. Its delicate broth taste and delicious tempura left quite an impression. This time around, I was in the mood for more than a bowl of noodles
Its SM Aura branch has a similar ambiance with its light wood colored furniture, black and white Japanese comic walls and touches of colorful Japanese art.
The friendly server who assisted us suggested Niku Fuji Soba (PHP260), O-Ebi Ten Mori Udon (PHP260) and Ten Mori (PHP390). I've already tried the first two but I’m a sucker for anything tagged as bestsellers so I gave in. I also added Gyudon (PHP100, small | PHP190, regular), Kuro Goma Ice Cream (PHP100) and Macha Ice Cream (PHP100).

Service was delightfully fast and we got all savory dishes in less than 15 minutes. 
The Niku Fuji Soba was like the noodle version of gyudon. The thin slices of meat were tender and had a nice light taste which was complemented by the delicate broth, egg and perfectly cooked soba. 
I liked the O-Ebi Ten Mori as it is like tsukemen. I enjoyed dipping the thick and slightly chewy udon on the sweet and salty dip. I munched on the tempura from time to time for extra texture. 
An order of Ten Mori or mixed tempura includes ebi ten, ika ten, chikuwa ten, yasai kakiage,oba ten and beni shoga. Though all were beautifully coated with crisp batter, I only liked the ebi tempura. Then again, I’m a bit biased here as I don’t really appreciate other kinds of tempura.
Gyudon, on the other hand, was bang for the buck! If you have a small appetite, you only pay a hundred for a filling bowl of rice topped with flavorful tender meat. It’s best to eat this with some pickled ginger for additional taste and sharp contrast in flavors. 

Though stuffed and about to burst, we jiggled our tummies to make space for ice cream. 
If I were to choose between black sesame or macha, I’d go with the former anytime. The sweet and grainy black sesame was a delightful way to cap dinner. Hardcore macha lovers would enjoy this green piece of heaven as its tea taste is very pronounced.
It was yet another pleasant experience. I can’t wait to try the other noodle bowls and curry! 

Nadai Fujisoba is located at Lower Ground, SM Aura Premier, McKinley Parkway, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City.

Nadai Fujisoba Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)