Friday, March 24, 2017

First Bite: Sweet Ecstasy

I have been dying to visit Sweet Ecstasy ever since I heard that it serves really good burgers and that its taste is very close to In-N-Out's, a well-loved burger joint in California which also had a few pop up events here in Manila. I was ecstatic when I found out that they have a branch in Uptown Parade. However, all the negative reviews from that branch made me hesitate. Hence, it took me longer to try this joint’s famous patties. Thanks to an event at Miriam College, I finally had a chance to visit its Katipunan branch.

Hello, Sweet Ecstasy!
Located at the second floor of Regis Center, I had an impression that this place will be packed by students and residents around the area. I dropped by around 12:30 p.m. and surprisingly, the place only had two tables occupied. I guess it is busier on weekdays. 
Since I had to go to Banawe at 2 p.m., I quickly ordered Cheeseburger (PHP195) and Ginger Ale (PHP150). 
While waiting for my food, I kept myself busy answering the long market questionnaire of Sweet Ecstasy which focused on the market’s buying behaviour. 
After a couple of minutes, my burger and ginger ale (though still with the crown on) were served. The friendly server was apologetic when he found out that the cap was still on and was quick on his toes to have it opened. Talk about good service! *clap clap clap*
Sadly, the burger was not photogenic and I struggled to get at least one decent shot. And I think I failed. 
I took a big bite to comfort myself and I was surprised with how soft the… bun was. It basically melted as soon as I took a bite and everything else (including the patty’s oil) slid to the opposite end of the bun. I got hold of the patty and greens on my second bite and it was quite good. Succulent and flavorful. However, it wasn’t what I was expecting. It was not close to In-N-Out’s burgers
It took four bites before my burger turned into a hot mess. I ended up asking for a fork for me to finish my murdered burger. And that was when I realized that the patty was not as juicy as I thought. It is best with all the other ingredients, but if eaten alone, it was forgettable. I guess it’s a party loving patty that loves companion and shines best with its posse. 
The ginger ale on the other hand was marketed as the freshest ginger ale in Manila. Though I have no idea what fresh ginger ale tastes like, I was convinced to get a bottle with its superlative description. 
And it went well with my burger. It was refreshing and it had a stronger ginger taste compared to commercial brands like Canada Dry. 

Overall, it was a pleasant visit. I heard that I should have ordered the double cheeseburger, fries and milkshake. I guess I have to visit again for that. 

Sweet Ecstasy is located at 2nd Floor, Regis Center, Katipunan Avenue, Loyola Heights, Quezon City.

Sweet Ecstasy Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)