Monday, February 27, 2017

First Bite: Papa Diddi's

I still vaguely remember the first time I visited Papa Diddi’s (which I have yet to blog). And just when I thought that Papa Diddi’s is all about cold treats, I came across its Sapphire Bloc branch and found out that this daddy can whip up savory dishes as well. 

Hello, Papa Diddi’s!
Unlike its cramped Maginhawa branch, Papa Diddi’s Ortigas branch is a lot more spacious and had more interesting interiors. Just look at that book chandelier! 
I passed by the area at bit past 9 p.m., coming from an event hosted by Real Living magazine, hungry and craving for something warm and filling. 
After a few minutes of flipping the menu pages, I decided to go with Champorado and Bagnet (PHP199) because I’m a sucker for breakfast dishes. 
While waiting, I kept thinking of which pants to destroy to recreate the denim placemats of Papa Diddi’s. And I was not yet done with choosing which pants to murder when my food arrived. I was impressed as it didn’t take them more than 10 minutes to serve my order. 
My champorado and bagnet were served on a wooden paddle that seemed to be meant as pot holder. On the side were milk and sour salt. 

I sampled the champorado first without any milk and it was already good. It was chocolatey and the grains were not overly soft or mushy. I then poured some milk after and it didn’t really do much difference to the taste. 
The bagnet on the other hand was crunchy and salty, creating a nice contrast against the sweet champorado. I sprinkled it with some sour salt giving the crunchy pork a stronger (and tangier) taste! 

I can’t wait to try Papa Diddi’s other dishes!  

P.S. Papa Diddi’s air conditioning units are pretty powerful. Make sure you have a cardigan or shawl handy when you drop by. 

Papa Diddi’s is located at North Tower, The Sapphire Bloc Building, Sapphire Road corner Onyx and Garnet Streets, Ortigas, Pasig City.

Papa Diddi's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)