Monday, September 12, 2016

First Bite: Cucina Peruvia

I have been curious about Cocina Peruvia ever since I read a few reviews about the place. The fact that they have Buy One, Get One Happy Hour daily and 20% discount on Mondays made me even more eager to visit this place and I did with some of my favorite foodies. 
Hello, Cocina Peruvia
We went here on a Saturday afternoon to avail of the Happy Hour promo. Its tempting buy one, get one deal was simply irresistible so we were surprised that the place was empty when we got there. The place was also a bit dim despite its light and bright colored walls.
We decided to order Salmon Skin Chicharon (PHP180) and Galera de Chocolate (PHP350), both under the Happy Hour promo. 

Service was quick and our food was served in less than 15 minutes. 

The salmon skin was indeed crispy, though not as crunchy as chicharon. It was also on the bland side. It would have been nice if the batter was more flavorful. The dips (one was chimichurri aioli and one was some sort of mayonnaise), which were supposed to be spicy, weren’t too hot for me. 
I’m not so sure if I didn’t put enough dip on my portion or if my tolerance for spicy food crazily went up. We asked for some salt and vinegar for extra taste and the vinegar did help a bit. I guess this one dish best paired with beer and not water. 
I was glad though that the dark chocolate tart was good or else I would have regretted walking a kilometer just to get here. 
The dessert was rich in flavor. It was sweet yet not cloying. I also love the contrast between the bittersweet taste of the tart and the saltiness of the chips
The figs were the best part of the dessert as its slight rough texture and crunch complemented the smoothness of the chocolate tart.  

I’ll still pay this place a visit though to try its mains. 

Cocina Peruvia is located at Ground Floor, Bonifacio One Tech Tower, 31st Street Corner Rizal Drive, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City. 

Cocina Peruvia Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)