Friday, July 8, 2016

Second Bite: Melt Grilled Cheesery

I still remember how giddy I was when I first visited Melt Grilled Cheesery. With its menu filled with cheesy dishes, it was like I found (cheese) heaven in Uptown Mall. Everything we ordered were great too! It was love at first bite and I was so happy to share my discovery with my family and friends. But some of those who tried the place were not as ecstatic. *insert sad face here*
Hello, Melt Grilled Cheesery!

I managed to convince J and his girlfriend M to visit Melt with me after our pizza dinner. (Yes, I was a happy third wheel on their Friday night date.)
We easily managed to get a table as the place was not as full as its pizzeria neighbor.
We focused on the desserts as we just had dinner and went with Dulce de Lecheese (PHP285), Chocolate Chip Cheesecake (PHP215) and Dulce de Leche Cheesecake (PHP235 which was changed to PHP255 if I remember it correctly).

Service was prompt and house water was served in less than 5 minutes. We were also given a complimentary sandwich from the owners. They also spent time to chat with us and that was when I found out that their bread supplier is Artisan Emporium
The complimentary sandwich given to us was one of their test recipes. The sandwich was infused with squid ink but you will not get a taste of it at all. It is just meant for aesthetic purposes, or so I think. 
The lovely cheese stuffing was slightly tangy and went really well with the sweet syrup for contrast and the marinara sauce for sharper taste. The salted thin crisps base was a nice touch to avoid cloying. 

The desserts were served all at the same time. 
The Dulce de Lecheese was pretty good. It had a nice yet subtle tangy cheese taste and it went well with the sweet ice cream and soft brioche.
The Dulce de Leche Cheesecake was still delightful for me but I think I oversold it to M as she wasn't very impressed with it. She wanted the base to be crunchier and for it to have a sharper cheese taste. 
I didn't like the Chocolate Chip Cheesecake that much as it was cloying. It was too sweet for me and everything was just too mushy. 
The thick texture was too overwhelming and made me want to munch on some crisps for my taste buds to take a break. J liked it though and finished it.

I'm not sure if it was because I was full but I didn't enjoy my second visit as much as my first. But I'd still head back here when I crave for Dulce de Leche Cheesecake! :)

Melt Grilled Cheesery is located at 3rd Floor, Uptown Mall, 9th Avenue, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)