Monday, February 22, 2016

Second Bite: Pound

I never waited for food for over 2 hours until that Pay What You Want promo. I don’t know what got into me to make me wait for so long. Well, I guess the idea of just spending whatever you feel like for your burger or slider is attractive. Okay, okay! It was tempting as ice cream for a person who has sore throat! But just when I said I will never ever wait that long… it happened again after 4 days. Darn it!
So hello again, Pound.
Yes, I have been lured to this place again after my new looloo friends R and W expressed interest in the very tempting promo.

R was the first to arrive around 6PM and she was already on the second column of the list. That means over 20 diners were ahead of her. Unbelievable! My officemate A also had her sister B reserve a table and given that she’s ahead of R, I had the seat reservation up by two more to accommodate R and W.

And then the wait game began.

We almost ran out of topics to talk about as we waited 3 hours this time. At least, it was more enjoyable than my last visit where I waited alone.

We quickly ordered as soon as we got settled. R and I decided to share two slider meals—Bacon and Egg Sliders (PHP200) and T.E. Crispy Chicken Sliders (PHP195) while everyone else ordered Amsterdam Burger and T.E. Burger.
Service was quick and in less than 10 minutes, everyone’s burger arrived—except for our sliders. R and I were literally drooling after getting a sniff of the burgers in front (or beside) us.  We had to follow up and overheard that the staff overlooked ours. Whaaaaat???
Anyway, they did make up for it and our sliders were served in 5 minutes or so. Or so I thought.
The house cured bacon slab was a tad too dry and over fried but the quail egg was lovely and I also enjoyed the tinge of sweetness from the apple aioli. It would have been better if the yolk was runny. 
The popular crispy chicken was indeed more value for money with its thick and crisp cut. However, I think the staff was rushing so much to complete pending orders that the chicken turned dry. Nonetheless, the cilantro aioli and the T.E. Sweet Spice Sauce made up for the lack of juice. And just like the other slider, the homemade brioche bread was lovely. 
Would I go back? Perhaps. I'm still very curious about the Pound Burger. Foie gras!!!

P.S. I feel so bad for backing out last Saturday to meet the brains behind this store--Todd and Oliver English.

Pound is located at B3, Bonifacio High Street, 11th Avenue corner 28th St., Bonifacio Global City, Taguig. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)