Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Love at First Sip: United Coffee

Now on our last stop, simply because the establishments in the area were getting ready to close, we decided to go for a nice and quiet place to chat. The coffee shop in the Nav compound made me curious and after our meal at Diner on 16th, we opted to look for it. And thanks to the shop’s signage, finding it was a breeze. But the climb up wasn’t due to my aching knees. >.<
Hello, United Coffee.
There were only two other tables occupied when we arrived. The interiors reminded me of a humbler Yardstickwarm and cozy. We settled in one of the window seats.
The place is still on its soft opening, having opened its doors last December. Menu is not very extensive but since I was already full and slightly sleepy, none appealed to me. The friendly server suggested their bestseller, Espresso + Milk + Mocha (PHP160) and as a sucker for bestsellers, I gave it a try. I wanted to try the S’mores cake but I just do not have space for it anymore. T_T
I got my glass of hot mocha in less than 10 minutes and it was just enough time for me to take photos of the place.
It was love at first sip. The mix of espresso, milk and mocha delighted my taste buds and awakened my spirits. (Okay, more of my appetite.) It was sweet but not to the point that will make you question if they really added espresso in the drink. Though faint, the espresso’s taste lingers. I read from some reviews that this place gets its drinks from EDSA BDG. But since I’ve never been to that hipster café, I have no clue. All I know is that this place serves good coffee.
I’ll definitely be back to try the pastries and try the other drinks. 

United Coffee is located at 2nd Floor, 16 United Street, Barangay Kapitolyo, Pasig City

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)