Friday, January 22, 2016

First Bite: Burger Pub

The Grove by Rockwell has evolved from a mere events area for birthdays or bazaars to a foodie haven. Indeed, it does not offer a lot of choices yet but it has a pretty good variety from Filipino dishes to Japanese, Indian to American staples. I have been eying the tempura place there for quite some time but every time I plan to visit, it gets cancelled. I blame traffic (and lazy bug) for it. And when I finally decided to visit The Grove, the tempura place was closed! *ugly cry* But a new burger joint made me smile. 

Hello, Burger Pub.
The place is quite small and could perhaps sit at most 25 diners.
Positioning itself as a no-frills burger place, its interiors have an industrial, semi-finished look. Even the menu was very simple. (Though not sure if they'll make it more extensive since they seem to be still testing out their menu.)
I ordered the Pub Original (PHP345) while my mom went with the server's recommended off the menu Ragu Bolognese (PHP335). We also ordered iced tea (PHP120) for beverage.
First served was the iced tea and I noticed its very dark color. It somehow reminded me of milk tea. And it... doesn't taste like one. It had a very strong tea taste to the point of it being too bitter for iced tea. It wasn't that refreshing too because of the after taste that stays in your mouth. It was not worth my PHP120. (And we ordered two glasses of it so that makes it PHP240!!!) 
My mom's pasta was served next and serving size was quite generous and good for two. 
It was also delightfully meaty. Each bite was guaranteed to be packed with meat. I also liked the firm pasta complementing the soft and juicy meat sauce. The parmesan added a tinge of tart and further enhanced the dish's taste.
Pub Original was served last and first thing I noticed was the plain and pan de sal looking bun. It made the burger look dry. But I then diverted my attention to the patty and wow oh wow, the patty looked very thick (and it should for they claim that it is 170g). It looked like it was cooked well too with its juicy appearance. 
And the taste did not disappoint at all. It was indeed succulent and had a nice balance of flavors among the seasoned and slightly salty patty, caramelized onion, Burger Pub original sauce (which was more on the sweet side) and Irish cheddar cheese. 
I promised myself that I should only eat half of it since I was invited to a "heavy" sukiyaki dinner so I resisted the urge to finish the whole thing.  And it was not an easy task. It was really good.

I will definitely visit again and eat a whole burger next time. (And I'll skip the iced tea.)

Burger Pub is located at Unit 101, The Grove by Rockwell, 117 E. Rodriguez Avenue, Jr. (C-5), Pasig City. Contact them at 546 6864 or 0917 630 4979 for inquiries. 

BurgerPub Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)