Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Second Bite: Black Olive Cerveceria

Food never fails to make me smile. Whenever I feel down, I eat. (Sometimes a lot.) And last week, R was not in his best mood so I figured food could make him smile. Or grin.
Hello, Black Olive!
It has been a while since my last visit but nothing much has changed.
I also ordered an apple flavored iced tea and it was… so-so.
We got there around 7 p.m. so it wasn’t packed with hungry yuppies just yet. R got the Black Fettuccini (PHP510) while I chose the Risotto Verde (PHP605). We also got Black Olive’s Barbeque Pork Riblets (PHP280).
First served was the pork riblets and it was awesoooome! The meat was so soft and the sauce was lovely. The sweet taste was slightly addicting. (I’m actually craving for it now!!!)
R’s Black Fettuccini was also good though a bit too salty for my taste. R drizzled lemon juice over the pasta which made it more interesting. I enjoyed the bit of soft shell crab R gave me.
The serving of my risotto dish was generous but there was one problem… it was too salty! I had a hard time finishing my order as it was very salty. I guess if I want to try it again, I have to inform them to put less salt.
When someone becomes impatient... a fork appears.
Overall, the appetizer was a winner, the pasta was pretty good and the risotto made me sad. But I will be back! Black Olive’s pork riblets and porchetta are good for me not to visit again.

Black Olive Cerveceria is located at Capitol Commons, Oranbo, Pasig City. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)