Tuesday, April 14, 2015

First Bite: Motorino

I’ve heard of Motorino for quite some time now. Known to be one of the best pizza places around, it has been on my list for months. But since I hardly frequent Makati, it wasn’t exactly on top of my must-visit-and-get-fat-there list. Then again, what’s meant to be is meant to be and so…

Hello, Motorino!

I got some free Fast and the Furious 7 tickets from Sub-Zero and Wolf; but the catch was I have to watch it at Greenbelt 3. R and I tried to watch it last Easter Sunday but failed as the place was PACKED! (There was only one seat left for an 11 p.m. show and we were there at 3 p.m.. Crazy!) I was actually scared that there would still be a lot of people on the 9th given that it was also a holiday but we got seats! Yay!
Anyway, since we went early, we decided to have a quick lunch first and Motorino was perfect place as it is beside the cinema.
While checking the menu, R saw the lunch for two and figured it was a good deal for PHP395. The set comes with a 13” pizza, iced tea and dessert of your choice. We chose the Mushroom and Sausage Pizza, Classic iced tea and Crimson Berry iced tea, and two gelato scoops—dark chocolate and cookie.

First to arrive were the iced tea.
It was a bit too sweet. Even [sweets lover] R had to dilute his crimson berry iced tea with water. But hey, that meant more iced tea!
The mushroom and sausage pizza was pretty good. It was tasty but not overpowering making you want to eat more! The crust though was slightly burnt so we avoided the edges.
The gelatodark chocolate and cookie were yummy! It was creamy and was a lovely way to end the meal. I also loved the waffle crisp.
Oh, while we were halfway done, R mentioned that the lunch for two set was actually pricey because it was PHP395 per person. And it really was. Perhaps I’ll try ala carte next time.

Motorino is located at 3rd Floor, Greenbelt 3, Ayala Center, Makati City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)