Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Second Bite: Haru Sushi Bar and Restaurant

I’m so thankful that I could visit Kapitolyo anytime I want. I witness it bloom from a quiet residential area to a busy foodie district. I still can’t say I conquered Kapitolyo as every time I’m just a restaurant or two away, a bunch of restaurants open! (I’m not complaining though.) Last Saturday, I was supposed to go on a food trip with E but my tummy didn’t want to cooperate so we ended up having a quick lunch at Haru.
Hello, Haru!
Haru is one of my favorite restaurants in Kapitolyo. Charming décor and delicious food is always a winning combo!
E’s assorted sushi
Since it was quite warm that day, I opted to get Zaru Soba (PHP180), Seafood Teppanyaki (PHP335), Sake Sashimi (PHP308), and Guyabano Shake (PHP84). E went with a bowl of ramen and a plate of assorted sushi.
My salmon sashimi was served first; and as before, it was love. Thick cuts of fresh salmon… it was heavenly!
The seafood teppanyaki was served next and I fell in love with the tuna. (I guess I love salmon more when baked or steamed.) The squid and shrimps were delightful as well. The oysters had a weird texture so I skipped that one.
The cold soba was served last and it was refreshing! I absolutely love cold soba. Sadly, I don’t know anyone who shares the same sentiment. I loved slurping the cool cha noodles with bits of nori. The cool and slightly sweet dipping sauce also made the dish extra yummy.
Refreshing Guyabano Shake
Haru never fails to serve great and affordable Japanese dishes. I will be back!

Haru Sushi Bar and Restaurant is located at 9 West Capitol Drive, Kapitolyo, Pasig City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)