Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Revisited: Recipes by Café Metro

Simple comfort dishes are still the best for me. No unpronounceable ingredients, uncomplicated tastes and happy tummy. I think that is a great way to describe a great meal.

I was sick for a week last month and I was off work for almost the whole week as well as I had to visit a couple of doctors. It was just a simple case of cough that got out of hand that made me look like a zombie for two weeks. (Imagine waking up at 2 a.m. or 3 a.m. because of your insanely itchy throat.) 

Anway, my mom and I decided to pass by Shangri-La to buy my third set of medicines and since it was already past 4 p.m. then and I haven’t had lunch yet, we decided to grab a quick meal before heading home. I recommended my all time favorite Recipes by Café Metro.

It has been quite a while since I last visited Recipes by Café Metro and it is still the same simple restaurant that I love.

My mom ordered Chicken Sotanghon Soup (PHP120, small | PHP220, regular) and Lumpiang Toge (PHP100) while I went with the Lechon Kawali with Kangkong (PHP225) and Gising Gising (PHP185).
The Chicken Sotanghon Soup was rather bland yet the warm soup was a great appetizer during that rainy Thursday afternoon.
 
The Lumpiang Toge was your usual wrapped toge. Serving was pretty generous for the price of PHP100 though.

The Lechon Kawali with Kangkong is still love as always. The crunchy lechon kawali and kangkong were delightful and the vinegar with soy sauce added tanginess which I adore.
Gising Gising is still my all time favorite though. The chopped Baguio beans with ground beef and coconut sauce is light to the tummy yet filling. The crisp of the beans, tenderness of the beef and the sweetness of the coconut sauce is just too addicting making sharing very difficult.

Recipes never fails to satisfy my grumpy tummy. <3


Recipes by Café Metro is located at 5th Floor, Main Hall, Shangri-La Plaza Mall, Mandaluyong City.

Recipes Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)