Friday, October 31, 2014

Restaurant Discovery: Frankie’s New York Buffalo Wings

As a hardcore The Walking Dead fan, my Mondays are blocked for my 1 hour bonding with Rick, Glenn, Terry, Carol, Maggie, Michonne, and of course, Daryl. However, I can get lured by restaurants I have never tried before in an instant. I blame my tummy. >.<

K suddenly wanted to eat out and since he lives a few minutes from my office, we decided to have dinner somewhere in Ortigas. He recommended wings and honestly, I’m not fond of wings. I always think that you end up paying for the bones and not the meat. Anyway, I gave in as I’m not really craving for anything in particular and I had to be home by 9 p.m. so we had to decide fast.

Soon, we’re at Frankie’s New York Buffalo Wings, a wings place at City Golf.
Frankie’s has an industrial/basement chill vibe and I noticed that the diners are students and yuppies. Well, with the affordable prices, it’s not hard to attract the young market.

We decided to order the following: a basket of fries, three types of wingsCheesy Bacon (PHP173), Nagoya Tebasaki (PHP173) and Caribbean Jerk (PHP173). We also ordered a slice of New York Cheesecake (PHP120) and a few bottles of Tanduay Ice to start the week right. :)
First served was the basket of fries and just like what they said, they use real potatoes. Yey! Nothing fancy about it though.

Soon, the wings arrived.
First to arrive was the basket of cheesy bacon wings. It was literally wings swimming in cheese and bacon bits. After a while, it became soggy. I normally do not like soggy food but this one is an exception as I looove cheese and bacon.
The Nagoya Tebasaki was pretty good as well. It was marinated with sweet teriyaki sauce and sesame seeds. This one is crispier than cheesy bacon.
The Caribbean Jerk tasted weird. It had a tangy slightly barbeque taste that I could not understand. I didn’t like this one. But I think this is still worth ordering as the taste definitely was different.

K raved so much about the cheesecake so I was a bit excited to try it.
I didn’t like it that much. First off, the cake was served lukewarm. I like my cheesecake a bit chilled. Also, the crust wasn’t crunchy at all. There was the lack of contrasting textures. It was decent though but I’d rather have my cheesecake somewhere else.

Overall, it was a pleasant dinner. I never experienced eating wings with plastic gloves so that was definitely interesting. But I’ll skip the Caribbean Jerk and dessert next time.

Frankie’s New York Buffalo Wings is located at the Ground Floor, City Golf Plaza, Doña Julia Vargas Avenue, Ortigas, Pasig City.

Frankie's New York Buffalo Wings Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)