Friday, August 29, 2014

Restaurant Love: Harina Artisan Bakery Café

I get really giddy when I see new restaurants. As in crazy giddy! I’m just glad that my friends are very understanding with my low EQ when it comes to food. And I am so blessed to have N as a foodie friend! Just one message and she’s game! That’s my kind of girl!
After our successful Kapitolyo food trip, N and I decided to do a White Plains food trip. I was beyond amazed that there are almost as many restaurants in White Plains (or Katipunan Avenue) as in Kapitolyo. Our stops were very near each other that we hardly had the time to burn the calories. With just a few steps, we were at our next stop.
N and I learned our lesson last time when we met quite late and we both had lunch prior to the food trip. N had a burger while I had steak. This time around, we decided to meet at 10:30 a.m. and have brunch at Harina Artisan Bakery Café (our first stop).
We were famished when we arrived as we both skipped breakfast for this. So, after a quick look at the menu, we decided to go for the Biscuit and Gravy, a set with chicken fillet, bacon and baked tomatoes (PHP225) and Bloomin’ Bread (PHP320). 
N went for Tablea Hot Chocolate (PHP145) while I ordered Red Iced Tea (PHP125).

After a short wait, our order arrived. But it was wrong. We wanted the biscuit with chicken and bacon but we got the basic one (PHP165). We told the server that what we ordered was the one with chicken but she insisted that we ordered the one that was served. Then we thought that since all they had to do was add the chicken, bacon and baked tomatoes to make it the dish we wanted, we asked if it’s okay if they just give us those and apparently, that was not possible. I was starting to get upset (terrible service is one of my pet peeves) but N said that we let it go. And so we did.
The biscuit was pretty plain and bland. It was your usual flakey and buttery bread served with butter and jam. It was filling though. But I wasn’t happy with it. Perhaps, it was because I conditioned my brain that I will be eating it with chicken and bacon.

The Bloomin’ Bread was a different story though as it was AWESOME.
The loaf was quite big and when the server said that it is good for sharing, she wasn’t kidding at all. It is good for at least 3 to 4 people. We find it so fascinating that we were so in love with the bread despite its simplicity—a loaf with an assortment of melted cheese. But it was divine! We had to force ourselves to stop as we planned out so many more stops and we cannot afford to get full after one stop. We just can’t. (Well, we eventually did.)
I cannot wait to be back here for more of that Bloomin’ Bread! I want more of Harina Artisan Bakery Café! But for now, off we go to our next stop, Earth Kitchen

Harina Artisan Bakery Café 118 Katipunan Avenue, White Plains, Quezon City

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)