Friday, February 28, 2014

Love at First Bite: Custaroonery by Gigi Gaerlan

My close friends know that I find it hard to just order one dish. Normally, I have to order an appetizer, main course, and dessert. But they also know out of the three, the most important is the last one. I just can't give up sweets. I'll just become a very hostile foodie if deprived of my sweet endings. 
While looking for a place to have dinner, I came across this cute looking kiosk. Dainty and sweet-looking, I was attracted like a fly to light. I had no power. (Okay, fine, I did but I let my glutton spirit overpower me.)  
Soon, I was in front of Custaroonery and staring at the simple menu card and ended up ordering a box of 6custaroons in a span of 1 minute. I was super excited to enjoy it with my sister!

I remember that I had this before at work and I really love it! 
Custard plus coconut macaroons?! Yum! Think of your chewy macaroons infused with yema! Yes, it's like that! Oh custaroons!
I love that it had the chewiness of a macaroon and coconut bits but it was rather softer too. I also enjoy the oozing sweetness of the custard each time I take a bite. 

I'll definitely try the other custaroon flavor soon! 

Custaroonery is located at 2nd Floor, SM Megamall Fashion Wing, Mandaluyong City.

1 comment:

  1. I'm also addicted of it! It's a mixtures of custards and macaroons. Everybody must try it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments or other recommendations? :)