Monday, July 16, 2012

Lunch Date at Figaro

You know that you’re a glutton if one of your greatest fears is to go hungry. How can you tell if you’re suffering from it? Check your bag and if you find something edible inside your bag or pocket every single day, then chances are, you are “hunger-no-likey” positive. But there’s one thing’s scarier, rather frustrating,  when the food you packed was not enough to tame the angry tummy and despite being so hungry you simply could not decide where to eat.

I accompanied my sister to the clinic last Sunday for her to accomplish her required annual check-up for school. We arrived past 11:30 a.m. but luckily, the clinic wasn’t so busy and so my sister was able to “almost finish” in less than 2 hours (almost because she had to go back for her dental check up at 4PM). With grumbling tummies and woozy mindset since we stepped out past lunch time, we even had a mini foodie argument on where to eat and when we got tired and really dizzy due to hunger, we finally agreed and decided to go to Figaro.

Figaro, good yet affordable dishes.

I settled for one of their newest dishes, Chicken Thyme (PHP215) which comes with a glass of iced tea while my sister ordered Carbonara (PHP180). My sister also ordered an order of Chocolate Éclair (PHP75) which interestingly never caught my eye before.
 
First served was the chocolate éclair and it was divine. It is your typical éclair but more chocolatey as the filling was chocolate unlike the usual cream. Lovely! There were also a bit of nuts sprinkled on top and hardened chocolate drips on the sides. Such sight made my tummy smile with joy! My only concern was that I had to keep on pressing the top (uhm) bun against the chocolate filling as when we cut a piece, the bun goes up. 
Soon, our other orders arrived.
 
My sister’s carbonara is still the creamy good pasta I fell in love with in high school. There was also a generous serving of sliced baconand mushrooms. I just love putting a lot of parmesan cheese on it to add extra flavor. My sister’s not fond of it though.
 
As for my Chicken Thyme, I was surprised that the cuts were quite small and it was swimming on the cheese sauce. It was quite hard to slice it as aside from it being small, it was really fried. But it’s a different story when I had my first bite. It was crunchy and really good. Think of chicken crispers drizzled with thyme and a bit of tanginess of cheese. It was good and went really well with the carrot and corn side dish. I just hoped that they made the cuts a bit bigger.

I’ll try the Chicken ala King next time. :)

Check http://www.figarocoffee.com/ for Figaro’s latest food offering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)