Monday, June 25, 2012

Sentosa Revisited

For some reason, I eat a lot on Sundays! My tummy grumbles tenfold thus I make sure I have something to nibble on when I’m out. But since we attend mass at 6PM, the time when my tummy alarm clock goes wild, I had to silence my uncooperative clock and sincerely pray it won’t go on a strike and scream.

Hello again, Sentosa!

It has been a while since I last visited this place. I remember that during that first dinner here, I was almost the 5th wheel if C’s other half showed up. I didn’t really care but that would have meant less food for me. (Yes, I sometimes think like this).

Anyway, this time, I went with my sister and mom after mass and we were really famished! My mom opted to buy Sautéed Broccoli with Scallop in XO Sauce (PHP245) while I went with Hainanese Chicken Noodle Soup (PHP220) and Satay Kajang (PHP195) while my sister got Roast Chicken Rice (PHP220). For dessert, we ordered Sticky Rice with Mangoes (PHP85) and Pisang Goreng (PHP95). I also tried the Chrysanthemum Iced Tea (PHP85, bottomless) simply because it intrigued me.
Served with an actual Chrysanthemum, it sure was a refreshing and flowery drink!
Despite the busy packed night, service was pretty quick as we got our food in about 15 minutes. First served was the Satay Kajang.
For PHP195, you get to try 3 different kinds—beef, pork, and chicken. I love chicken best as it was the one with the tenderest meat (easy to remove from the stick). The meat was flavorful that you do not even need to smother it with the sauce that goes along with it. For an appetizer, I prefer to have it with rice.

Next served was the Hainanese Chicken Noodle Soup and I was surprised that the serving was pretty generous.
 
I had difficulty transferring the noodles to my smaller bowl as it was so slippery. I loved that it wasn’t the bland type as what other restaurants serve. The herby taste of hainanese chicken was also present in the dish. The chunks of chicken were big as well. Definitely worth PHP220!
 
My mom’s Sautéed Broccoli with Scallop in XO Sauce (such a long name!) was pretty okay though I find it a bit too “fresh from the sea”. It had that “too” fishy taste. I only ate the broccoli.
 
My sister’s Roasted Hainanese Rice on the other hand seemed to have mesmerized her as throughout the dinner, she was focused on her food. I managed to get a bit of the chicken and indeed, it was good. Flavorful and tender though a bit oily.
 
As for the desserts, the Sticky Rice with Mangoes sure had STICKY rice. It was so hard that I hardly enjoyed the dessert. I just ate the mangoes.
 
The Pisang Goreng, or banana fritters on the other hand was delightful. It was served warm so there was that sweet contrast with the vanilla ice cream. It wasn’t spectacular but it sure was a sweet way to end our meal.

I guess I will be seeing you again next time, Sentosa! :)

Sentosa is located at the 6F The Ledge, Shangri-La Plaza Mall, Mandaluyong City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)