Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Lunch Out Destination: Thai Dara

It has been a while since I last had a lunch out along Kapitolyo and it sure was refreshing to spend lunch outside the office. F asked me if I prefer to eat at Rub Ribs or Thai Dara and since I have not tried the latter, off we go to Thai Dara.

LUCKY! We managed to get a parking spot right in front of Thai Dara.

The little store sandwiched beside Mad Mark’s and Poco Deli sure has this homey feel to it. The small restaurant can accommodate perhaps a max of 20 people. It reminded me of this little dumpling place in Binondo. (Oh Chinatown, how I miss thee.)

Since F was not a newbie like me, I asked him which ones were his favorites and he mentioned several spicy dishes till he mentioned the Tamarind Fish (PHP239). It sounds promising so I gave it a shot. I also ordered a glass of Mint Lemonade (PHP55) simply because it sounds refreshing. F on the other hand was trying to avoid carbs thus ordered a Thai salad and some pork satay.  
 
It took them just a few minutes to prepare our meals (well, there was only one table occupied when we arrived) and it was a good thing since I was famished.

The tamarind fish’s breading was crunchy creating a strong contrast from the soft fish meat. It was not really sour (warning: I have very high tolerance to sour food) and it was subtly sweet and spicy. Truly delightful but rice is a must when ordering this dish.
 
The Mint Lemonade was really refreshing. It won’t make you think “Is this really lemonade? Why is it so… sweet?” So this drink gets two thumbs up!

I didn’t try the salad as I was too shy to get some (what’s happening to me?!?!) but I can’t stop myself from getting a stick of pork. It was calling out my name!
 
The pork sure was tender and I feel so bad not noting down the price. The sauce which tasted like grinded peanuts further enhanced the taste of the pork. Yummy!

I’ll definitely be back, Thai Dara!

Thai Dara is located at 23 East Capitol Drive, Kapitolyo, Pasig City.

Speaking of Yummy, I have just tried the latest flavor of Mochiko, Oreo and Milk and I fell in love with it. I will take a photo of it soon and blog about it. This new flavor will be out on June 15 but why wait when you could be one of the first foodies to try it during Yummy Eats? See you on May 26, Saturday at The Rockwell Tent. Gates open at 10 a.m. and we’ll bethere munching till 9 p.m.! See you there!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)