Sunday, December 11, 2011

Greetings from California... Pizza Kitchen.

My sister have never tried to dine at California Pizza Kitchen before so one random Sunday afternoon, we decided to go to Rockwell and have one late lunch there.
I’ve never dined in CPK’s branch in Rockwell so it felt so weird that the place was quite small (as I was used to the [former] spacious Shangri-La branch located at the ground floor). There were only a few diners when we arrived so we got a table right away. We got the one with a couch! Yey!

It has been a while since my last CPK meal so I browsed the menu like it was my first time, checking new dishes and noting down anything that has the word salmon.
 
After a few minutes, we decided to order the following: Spinach Artichoke Dip (PHP425) for appetizer, 5 Cheese and Fresh Tomato Pizza (PHP365 for regular and PHP225 for personal), and Smoked Salmon Spaghetti (PHP695 for family and PHP355 for personal). I also ordered Dalandan Shake (PHP175).
The Spinach Artichoke Dip was served with white and purple tortilla chips. The dip itself was very tasty… extremely tasty actually while I had a love-hate relationship with the chips as some of them were stale. I still prefer the one from Cyma.
The 5 Cheese and Fresh Tomato Pizza was quite ordinary. It tasted like bread with cheese and tomatoes. But again, as a cheese fanatic, my sister enjoyed it. It must be the pizza for cheese lovers and not the all meat toppings lovers. I guess I’m spoiled by Sbarro’s Chicago Deep Dish which I love so much!
 
I believe that I mentioned before that I’m a sucker for anything that has the word “new” beside it. Such was the reason why I ordered the Smoked Salmon Spaghetti. Served with peas and dill and tossed in lemon shallot sauce giving it a tangy taste. It was quite good though it would have been more appetizing if it was plated better. I was surprised that with the somehow pricey amount, it was served so plain. Nonetheless, the salmon was fresh and it was flavorful. I would have loved it even more if it was a bit tangier. 

While writing this entry, I realized that I have never tried their desserts. [Fine, I’m making an excuse to visit them again.]


California Pizza Kitchen is located the 2nd floor, Archaeology, Power Plant Mall, Rockwell Center, Makati City. Visit http://www.cpk.com.ph for the complete list of branches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)