Sunday, March 13, 2011

An Intercontinental lunch

I was lucky enough to go to Josiah Go’s Entrepreneurship Strategy and Innovation Bootcamp which was held at the Hotel Intercontinental. I was super excited to attend since this was an opportunity for me to learn more about entrepreneurship. The program was done in a very interactive way. Totally not boring yet packed with so much learning. I felt like I was in MarkProf bootcamp again. Anyway, I promised Joe that I will not write anything about the seminar (though I can’t help promote it) so I will write about our lunch.
We had a three-course meal for lunch (cream asparagus soup, lemon chicken, and mango cheesecake). I wasn’t able to take a picture of the soup since I was too hungry; and when they served it, my first instinct was to slurp every drop of it. >.< I do remember though that the soup was creamy but it did not taste like asparagus. It was a cream soup. But it was still good and it would have been better if they served it warmer.
My angry tummy calmed down after the soup so I managed to take a picture (sorry if I already took a bite) of the lemon chicken. I find it weird though why they called it as such since it didn’t have the tangy taste of lemon at all. It would pass as a chicken teriyaki… a big fat chicken teriyaki. The chicken was well cooked and very soft. It also has a bit of sweet taste (just like chicken teriyaki). Sorry, I was just not convinced.

Lemon Chicken?

The mango cheesecake on the other hand is a great way to please the tummy. The texture of the cheesecake was quite creamy and the crust was not thick and too sweet to overpower the actual cheesecake. (Am I making sense?) I find the mangoes too few though. I understand that the mango bits were intended to be garnish but the cheesecake tastes a lot better with the mango bits. Now I’m craving for Mango Bravo. (Connection?!)
Mango Cheesecake

Verdict: I will go back for more desserts. :) Even the thin strip of chocolate was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)