Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Happy Ending for Valerie a.k.a. Red Riding Hood

Picture from http://showbizrenegade.com

I was so excited to watch Red Riding Hood starring Amanda Seyfried. I love fairy tales with a twist (and this explains why I adore Shrek, Tangled, Robin Hood Men in Tights, Ever After, and much more). This one seems to be quite gory just like Snow White: A Tale of Terror. After much begging, my mom and sister finally decided to tag me along.
Popcorn? Check! Fries? Check! Cola? Check! Tickets? Check! MOVIE TIME!!!
The first scene gave me an impression that it was going to be a gory movie since Valerie and Peter (Red Riding Hood and her love interest) were about to kill a poor fluffy bunny just for fun.
I started to get irritated with the movie though as the story gets weirder and weirder. I started to think that this was another lousy movie when a werewolf killed Lucy (Valerie’s apparently half sister). This already crossed Peter out as the werewolf since Valerie and Peter were busy snuggling when it happened. But the worst scene was when they used the lines from the fairy tale. It was a bit too clichĂ©. Moreover, I find the storyline to be a bit predictable. I already knew who the “werewolf” was after the death of Adrian (Henry’s father).
It seemed to me that they tried to bank on the popularity of Twilight. I’m not so sure if they were successful there. If we base success on “sale”, then it definitely created a buzz and a lot were interested to watch it. But if success is based on satisfied customers, then I think they failed.
*Praying that Gnomeo and Juliet will be a nice movie*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)