Thursday, February 3, 2011

A 50-cent worth of candy please!


I feel so old every time convenience stores and pharmacies do not give me the right change. It is always missing 25 or 50 cents. This happens to me a lot and I just cannot find the energy to demand for my 25 or 50 cents since people perceive 50 cents to be something insignificant and that you could not buy anything with it.

Just this afternoon, I bought some snacks at a convenience store and my total purchases cost P71.50. The cashier asked for P2 and I gladly obliged thinking that I will get P30.50. Alas, I only got P30. Oh well.

On my way back to the office, I realized something. If I buy something from the convenience store or pharmacy every day, and my change is always short by 50 cents, I lose P182.5 in a year, P3650 in 20 years, and P5475 in 30 years. Well, I do not think that these numbers are still insignificant.

What I am trying to say here is that we as consumers should demand for the right change and for the sellers to make sure that you have coins (yes, centavos and not candies) to give your customers.

1 comment:

  1. I used to keep loose change in my coin purse before. Lagi kasi may butal yung total amount. Then I just ask for 5 or 10 peso coins :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments or other recommendations? :)