Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Another reason why National Bookstore is the best!

I dropped by National Bookstore this afternoon to buy something for work. When I was about to pay for my purchases, the cashier asked me if I want to donate a book. I immediately thought of donating OLD books so I asked her where the box was and until when we could donate since I just cleaned my room. She then went to another counter and took a book near the registrar. Apparently, for you to donate a book, you have to buy a book, a brand new one. 
 
I am not against the idea. In fact, I find it a great idea! We are so used to the idea of donating old things we no longer need. We hardly buy new things and donate it to charities and other institutions. In fact, even if we do not really need something, as long as it is brand new, it is quite hard to let that thing go. (Guilty? >:D)

So, if you want to be a gift to others (naks!), do drop by National Bookstore and buy a book. According to http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=527228, books are as low as P30. The one offered to me though was P65 (hmmmm…). As a treat, you could have your name on the book (“donated by___”) and have your name as well on an ornament (well, it’s actually just paper) for the NBS Christmas tree.

*proud*

One feel good moment. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or other recommendations? :)